|The Delaware Department of Education will be working to develop the state’s strategic plan for educational opportunities in Delaware. They will be hosting a series of focus groups to ensure they understand the educational needs and desired options of Delaware families and those working in the field. Each focus group will offer participants the opportunity to share their experiences and opinions about educational needs in Delaware. Focus groups will be completely anonymous. Information collected will help the Delaware Department of Education plan for schools and programs across Delaware to meet every family’s needs.
We are asking parents and guardians to attend one of five family focus groups planned.
Your student may attend private or public school, as the department is hoping for a cross-sector of families with children in private, charter, vo-tech, magnet and traditional district schools:
* 4 to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 9 at the DDOE offices on the fifth floor of the Carvel State Office Building, corner of Ninth and French streets, Wilmington
* 7 to 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 9 at the Latin American Community Center, 403 N. Van Buren St., Wilmington (This session will focus on families of English learner students. Translation services will be provided).
* 5 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 10 at the WARR Building, located behind the Townsend Building at 401 Federal Street in Dover
* 7 to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 10 at the WARR Building, located behind the Townsend Building at 401 Federal Street in Dover
* 8 to 9:30 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 11 at the Carver Center, 30207 Frankford School Road in Frankford (Translation services will be provided).
Light refreshments will be provided. Please indicate which session you are interested in by sending an RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, Aug. 5.