DLA Chapter Councilor Position Open – Great opportunity!
Be part of the process. Be part of the future!
The Delaware Library Association (DLA) is currently looking for a member to take on the role of the American Library Association (ALA) Councilor. As the ALA Councilor, you will:
- Represent DLA to ALA by attending ALA Council sessions during the ALA Annual Conference in June/July and Midwinter Meeting in January/February;
- Report on the business conducted at meetings of the ALA Council to DLA;
- Be a liaison between DLA and ALA;
- Set up an ALA booth at the DLA/MLA annual conference (together with the ALA Councilor from the Maryland Library Association (MLA))
- Attend bi-monthly DLA executive board meetings as a voting member of the executive board.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain leadership experience and access to wonderful networking opportunities. Better yet, you don’t need to be from any specific kind of library — public, academic, school media; all are encouraged to apply! Since the ALA Councilor is expected to attend two national conferences per year, make sure you have the support from your library to take on this role.
Here is a link to ALA’s information regarding state Chapter Councilors, to give you some ideas about this important position.
We are currently looking for potential nominees that could attend the 2017 ALA Midwinter Meeting. Please contact Hannah Lee (email@example.com) or Cathay Keough (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Tags: ALA Councilor, DLA Councilor