Public Library Division (PLD)
The Public Library Division:
- promotes library service and librarianship within and for the public libraries of Delaware.
- cooperates in the promotion of general and joint enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and represents and interprets public libraries in contacts outside the profession.
- takes full authority within the Delaware Library Association in respect to all programs and policies which concern only the area of public libraries in Delaware, and to act for the Association in this area.
- works to study, approve, and sponsor standards, laws and financial support for public libraries in coordination with the State Division of Libraries, the Delaware Library Trustee Association, Friends groups, and all other appropriate organizations.
- conducts activities and projects for improvement and extension of service in public libraries and for stimulation of the development of librarians and staff members engaged in public libraries in Delaware. To promote library service and librarianship within and for the public libraries of Delaware. The PLD cooperates in the promotion of general and joint enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and to represent and interpret public libraries in contacts outside the profession.
DLA Handbook, p. 31.
The officers and the past president are the Executive Board of the Division.
Selbyville Public Library
11 Main & McCabe Streets
Selbyville, DE 19975
Phone: (302) 436-8195
Vice President|President-Elect/Conference Committee Chair
Dover Public Library
35 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 760-4911
Brandywine Hundred Library
1300 Foulk Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Delaware Division of Libraries
121 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. North
Dover, DE 19901