Library Assistant / Clerk – Part-Time
The Frankford Public Library (Frankford, DE) is seeking talented applicants with experience Circulation. Located in Sussex County, DE, Frankford Public Library is a rural community library devoted to enhancing and sustaining the educational, creative, and cultural needs of our diverse community. The Frankford Public Library is an independent, non-profit library and part of the consortium of Delaware libraries. The 6,000 square foot building has been newly renovated and expanded in 2013.
The library assistant/clerk is responsible for performing the circulation department procedures which ensure quality customer service and the smooth, effective flow of library materials, along with maintaining the public service image of the library. Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service in-person and by telephone
- Circulation of materials
- Shelve materials
- Assist patrons in use of technologies, including computer/Internet use, e-government service,
e-readers, copiers, printers
- Assist patrons in finding desired materials
- Follow circulation procedures
- Collect fines and fees
- Record statistics
- Read shelves
- Open and close library by established procedure
- Attend meetings, trainings, and seminars
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be required
The successful candidate(s) will have the following qualifications:
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience working in a library is preferred but not required
Weekly hours and compensation will be determined according to the incumbent’s subject knowledge, experience and library needs. Nights and weekends are required. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to: Frankford Public Library, P.O. Box 610, Frankford, DE 19945 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit us online at frankford.lib.de.us.