Teen Coordinator – Part-Time
The Frankford Public Library (Frankford, DE) is seeking talented applicants with experience in Teen Services. Located in Sussex County, DE, Frankford Public Library is a rural community library devoted to enhancing and sustaining the educational, creative, and cultural needs of our diverse community. The Frankford Public Library is an independent, non-profit library and part of the consortium of Delaware libraries. The 6,000 square foot building has been newly renovated and expanded in 2013.
The position of Teen Coordinator requires planning, coordinating, and conducting programming, circulation duties, plus collection development. Our Teen Coordinator focuses on teens from 7th-12th grade. The Teen Coordinator will be expected to work independently and to provide materials and programs designed to foster literacy and enthusiasm for learning. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, plan, and present regular and special programming events
- Develop and maintain collections of print and non-print materials
- Plan and execute Summer Reading Programs
- Assist patrons, especially children/teens, in use of technologies, including computer/Internet use, e-government service, e-readers, copiers, printers
- Assist teens in finding desired materials
- Create promotional materials and displays to highlight collections and services
- Craft and coordinate outreach to local schools and organizations
- Inform and train staff on current programming and acquisitions
- Participate in department meetings at all levels
- Operate within the established budget for their department
- Provide and assure a safe and accessible library environment
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be required
The successful candidate(s) will have the following qualifications:
- Experience working with children and/or teens in public libraries and an understanding of professional norms and ethics in both fields,
- Technical knowledge to include word processing, desktop publishing, use of electronic resources, internet research, social media, basic computer troubleshooting, and use of an integrated library system (ILS), and
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Programming and Children and /or Teen experience in a Delaware public library is preferred but not required.
Programming and outreach will be planned and carried out by Teen Coordinator under the supervision of the Library Director. Weekly hours and compensation will be determined according to the incumbent’s subject knowledge, experience and library’s needs. Nights and weekends are required. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to: Frankford Public Library, P.O. Box 610, Frankford, DE 19945 or email to email@example.com. For more information, visit us online at frankford.lib.de.us.