20 hours per week
$24,440 annually plus benefits
Must be able to work day, evening and weekend hours, including Sunday.
Location: Exploration Commons at 50 East in the Westminster Library
Are you enthusiastic about learning new things and teaching others? Join our team and help “make” the future of library services at Carroll County Public Library!
Carroll County Public Library’s newest location, Exploration Commons at 50 East
(https://explorationcommons.carr.org) opening in fall 2021, offers a makerspace focused on digital design and fabrication, a commercial teaching kitchen, and meeting rooms to engage the community in a variety of learning and workforce development opportunities. We are seeking a part time Experience Design Specialist/Makerspace Technician to support daily makerspace operations and provide training and programs using the equipment and resources in the makerspace at Exploration Commons. You will also support the Exploration Commons team in other areas, including the teaching kitchen and meeting rooms.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, able to work independently as well as with a team focused on providing superior customer service, and able to learn and share new technologies and skills. You bring experience in:
• CAD and CAM processes
• Additive and subtractive fabrication (3D printers, laser cutters, CNC, etc.)
• Audio/Video equipment and software
• Augmented and Virtual Reality
• Graphic Design
• Maker and/or technology instruction, including leading workshops and hands-on projects
• AND a passion for outreach and establishing connections between making and the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and 1 – 2 years directly related experience;
2. Requires 90 contact hours of approved in-service training through Library Associate Training Institute (LATI) within first 2 years of employment or 9 hours of formal academic course work in library science;
3. Instructional experience preferred;
4. Proficiency with design software (Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk);
5. Familiarity with the makerspace and/or kitchen equipment;
6. Highly effective communicator via email, telephone, and in person;
7. Or equivalent technical training, education, and experience.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on Friday, July 16, 2021. Applications must be submitted online at https://library.carr.org/careers/careers.aspx.
POST: Immediately REMOVE: 7/17/2021
The Carroll County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The Library’s policy is to treat all employees and applicants equally and without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era. This policy is applicable to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and promotions. Carroll County Public Library is a drug free/smoke free workplace.