Public Library Division (PLD)
The Public Library Division:
- promotes library service and librarianship within and for the public libraries of Delaware.
- cooperates in the promotion of general and joint enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and represents and interprets public libraries in contacts outside the profession.
- takes full authority within the Delaware Library Association in respect to all programs and policies which concern only the area of public libraries in Delaware, and to act for the Association in this area.
- works to study, approve, and sponsor standards, laws and financial support for public libraries in coordination with the State Division of Libraries, the Delaware Library Trustee Association, Friends groups, and all other appropriate organizations.
- conducts activities and projects for improvement and extension of service in public libraries and for stimulation of the development of librarians and staff members engaged in public libraries in Delaware. To promote library service and librarianship within and for the public libraries of Delaware. The PLD cooperates in the promotion of general and joint enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and to represent and interpret public libraries in contacts outside the profession.
DLA Handbook, p. 31.
*New!* PLD’s Fall Presentation “Building a Collective Future with Slow Librarianship”- Friday, November 19, 2021 at 11:00am
PLD Showcase Showdown! Click on the link for more details.
Annual Meeting Minutes 2017
Annual Report and Agenda 2018
The officers and the past president are the Executive Board of the Division.
Dover Public Library
35 Loockerman Plaza
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 736-7185
jamie.morris AT lib.de.us
Vice President|President-Elect/Conference Committee Chair
Virtual Reference Services Specialist
Delaware Division of Libraries
121 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd North
Dover, DE 19901
adara.scholl AT lib.de.us
Route 9 Library & Innovation Center
3022 New Castle Ave
New Castle, DE 19720
Phone: (302) 657-8020
scott.businsky AT newcastlede.gov