Public Library Division (PLD)
The Public Library Division:
- promotes library service and librarianship within and for the public libraries of Delaware.
- cooperates in the promotion of general and joint enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and represents and interprets public libraries in contacts outside the profession.
- takes full authority within the Delaware Library Association in respect to all programs and policies which concern only the area of public libraries in Delaware, and to act for the Association in this area.
- works to study, approve, and sponsor standards, laws and financial support for public libraries in coordination with the State Division of Libraries, the Delaware Library Trustee Association, Friends groups, and all other appropriate organizations.
- conducts activities and projects for improvement and extension of service in public libraries and for stimulation of the development of librarians and staff members engaged in public libraries in Delaware. To promote library service and librarianship within and for the public libraries of Delaware. The PLD cooperates in the promotion of general and joint enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and to represent and interpret public libraries in contacts outside the profession.
DLA Handbook, p. 31.
*New!* PLD Showcase Showdown! Enter the raffle for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card and a one year DLA membership. Click on the link for more details.
Annual Meeting Minutes 2017
Annual Report and Agenda 2018
The officers and the past president are the Executive Board of the Division.
Rehoboth Beach Library
227 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
alison.miller AT lib.de.us
Vice President|President-Elect/Conference Committee Chair
Milford Public Library
11 SE Front Street
Milford, DE 19963
ella.wilkerson AT lib.de.us
Youth Services Librarian
30 Spruce Ave., Wilmington, DE 19805
scott.businsky AT newcastlede.gov
Route 9 Library
3022 New Castle Ave.
New Castle, DE 19720
pamelastevens AT newcastlede.gov