Youth Services Division (YSD)
YSD works to:
- promote library service for youth librarianship within and for the public libraries in Delaware.
- cooperate in the promotion of general and joint
enterprises within the Association and with other library groups, and to represent and interpret library service to youth in contacts outside the profession.
- have full authority within the Delaware Library Association in respect to all programs and policies which concern only the area of library service to youth in Delaware, and to act for the Association in this area.
- study, approve, and sponsor standards, laws, and financial support for library service to youth in coordination with the State Division of Libraries, the Delaware Library Trustee Association, and all other appropriate organizations.
- conduct activities and projects for improvement and
extension of library service to youth and for stimulation of the
development of librarians and staff members engaged in library service to youth in Delaware.
DLA Handbook, p. 34.
The officers and the past president are the Executive Board of the Division. Vice Presidents are also part of the Conference Committee. (As of 2017, YSD has two-year terms.)
Delmar Public Library
101 N. Bi-State Blvd
Delmar, DE 19940
Phone: (302) 846-9894
jessica.webb AT lib.de.us
Vice President|President-Elect/Conference Committee Chair
Phone: (302) 388-3432
Bookmarm5 AT yahoo.com
Corbit-Calloway Memorial Library
2nd and High Streets
Odessa, DE 19730
Phone: (302) 378-8838
Katryna.Cera-Proulx AT lib.de.us