DLA Leg Day Lite 2021
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2021 virtual Library Legislative Days.
Please remember to fill out the survey, providing the Legislative Action committee your feedback. If you missed any of the sessions, or want to re-watch one, all recordings are posted on the Trainings page.
NEW FOR 2021! The Delaware Library Association is planning a VIRTUAL Library Legislative Day event.
Tuesday, January 26th; 10am-12pm
Wednesday, January 27th; 10am-12pm
Thursday, January 28th; 10am-12pm
Each day is designed to last no more than 2 hours, and will provide registrants with a training opportunity, as well as scheduled legislator visits. Participants only need to register once. The Zoom link will be sent in a confirmation email, and the same Zoom link will be used for all three days of the event.
*The DLA Library Legislative Day Lite event is scheduled to run from 10am – 12 noon, however times are tentative pending confirmation of legislator appointments.
View the Funding and Library Support documents for the upcoming fiscal year.
Agenda for Tuesday, January 26th:
- Library funding history and current updates – Dr. Annie Norman, State Librarian
- Construction update – Katie McDonough
- UDLib/Search update – Dr. Sandra Millard
Agenda for Wednesday, January 27th:
- The DNA of Good Advocacy – presented by lobbyist Tom Sheridan of The Sheridan Group
- The importance of connecting with your legislators – presented by Melissa Hopkins of DANA
Agenda for Thursday, January 28th:
- Building Support Before You Need it – presented by Patrick “PC” Sweeney of EveryLibrary
This event has passed. Thank you for attending!