Conference Forms and Timeline
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 MLA/DLA Conference has been postponed to October 19-21, 2020. Please check back in the coming months for additional updates and details.
DLA Conference Committee Planning 2020: Forms and Timeline
Forms: Email forms to Catherine Wimberley and Sarah Katz.
Forms Guide: Provides a full timeline and explanation
- Preliminary Approval Form, Due: Friday, October 4
- Speaker Agreement Forms 2020 (contractual agreements with presenters/speakers), Due: Friday, October 25
- Internal Speaker Agreement – Use this form for Speakers/Presenters who are from MD and DE.
- External Speaker Agreement– Use this form for Speakers/Presenters from outside of DE and MD
- Publicity Form, Due: Friday, October 25 – Fill out this form for every speaker/presenter. Include speakers’ photo, bio, and a brief description of the program for the conference brochure and other marketing materials! Please proofread!
- AV Form, Due: Friday, December 20
- Book Order (optional), Due: Friday, December 20
- Poster Session Form, Due: Friday, February 28
Timeline: Meetings and Forms
July-September: Finalize workshop ideas; Division, Group, and Committee conference chairs
- July 16 DLA Conference Meeting, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Dover Public Library
- August 15 DLA Conference Meeting, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Dover Public Library
October: Submit your ideas to Division VP/Conference Committee Chairs to make sure they contain key ingredients, such as learning objectives and a program planner, speaker/presenter names, and a description of your workshop. Finalize your speaker’s commitment, the description of the workshop, and obtain speaker’s photo.
- October 4 Preliminary Approval Form Due
- October 25 Internal or External Presenter Agreement Form Due
- October 25 Publicity Form Due
November/December: Wrapping up, final edits for conference brochure and MLA/DLA Conference Website
- December 20 AV Forms Due
- December 20 Book Order Form Due
- January 10 DLA Conference Meeting, 9:30am-12:30pm, Dover Public Library
- January 25 Final Checklist due
- February 28 Poster Session Form due
Registration opens sometime in January.
Early bird registration ends in mid-March.
Volunteer opportunities will be available through conference registration.
- Although the Dover Public Library is designated as the meeting place, some meetings may be virtual due to weather or after a majority of the required forms have been turned in.
- Please mark all of these dates on your calendar and make them a priority.
- If you have any questions, please contact:
|DLA Co-Conference Chair:
||DLA Co-Conference Chair:
|New Castle County Library
||University of Delaware
|catherinewimberley AT newcastlede.gov
||sekatz AT udel.edu
The Delaware Library and Maryland Library Associations first partnered in 2012 to provide a joint state conference. Our Associations mutually support the desires of our members to provide high quality workshops, presentations and speakers at an event that can be enjoyed by all library staff, administrators and supporters. The more involved each DLA Divisions and members are, the more relevant we make it. This ensures that there is something for everyone at our annual conference.
Each Division provides at least one workshop (and are encouraged to submit two or three proposals) and a silent auction donation at the conference. Committees are encouraged to provide workshops as well.
Ideally, every Delaware library staff person, administrator, trustee and supporter who wants to be involved with the conference will feel welcome to do so. Perhaps your group would like to help with the silent auction or hold a poster session? There are many ways to be involved.