Delaware Association of School Librarians (DASL)
- Supports and improves school library media programs in the state of Delaware.
- Interprets the value of these programs to school administrators, teachers, and the public.
- Cooperates with other professional associations concerned with the welfare of children and young adults.
- Supports the right of all individuals to have access to ideas and information.
- Assumes the authority to act, in conformance with the policies of the Delaware Library Association, with respect to matters which pertain to school libraries.
DLA Handbook, p. 27.
Festival of Words, Keynote Speaker: Jasmine Warga – March 30th, 2022 @ 4:30pm
Jasmine Warga is the author of the New York Times bestseller Other Words For Home. Other Words For Home earned multiple awards, including a John Newbery Honor, a Walter Honor for Young Readers, and a Charlotte Huck Honor. She is also the author of young adult books, My Heart and Other Black Holes and Here We Are Now, which have been translated into over twenty different languages. The Shape of Thunder, her most recent book for middle grade readers, is a Junior Library Guild selection and Indie Next List Summer 2021 pick. Her next novel, A Rover’s Story, will be out in Fall 2022. Jasmine currently teaches in the MFA program at Vermont College of Fine Arts. Originally from Cincinnati, she now lives in the Chicago-area with her family. Please check out Jasmine’s website:
Winter Newsletter: 2018/2019 Winter Newsletter
Spring Meeting: DASL Report
Fall Newsletter: DASL Fall 2017 Newsletter
Spring Newsletter: DASL Spring 2017 Update
Winter Newsletter: DASL Winter 2017 Newsletter
September 22nd, 2016: DASL Update
Fall Newsletter: DASL Fall 2016 Newsletter
For more information regarding DASL Awards, please visit the DASL Awards Page for more in-depth information.
harry.brake AT gmail.com
Vice President|President-Elect/Conference Committee Chair
Debbie.Supplee AT cape.k12.de.us