Principal Library Assistant
The Principal Library Assistant reports to Library Executive Director.
The New Castle Public Library in the historic City of New Castle is seeking a Principal Library Assistant to serve the diverse population of the city and beyond. This friendly, quaint library offers a small town atmosphere while delivering innovative, forward-looking services. We focus on community involvement and collaboration through local partnerships and a team based approach.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for all circulation processes including material charges, patron record maintenance, and policy application.
- Supervises circulation and shelving staff; hiring, training, scheduling, facilitating professional development
- Provides basic information and computer assistance
Qualifications and skills
- High school diploma or GED and at least one year of library experience
- Knowledge of and experience in customer service.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to devise solutions to problems
- Organized, detail oriented, and skilled at written and verbal communication both in person, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to supervise the work of subordinates
- Flexible, open, positive attitude
- Knowledge of and experience in Workflows is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office
This position is non-exempt, part time, up to 29 hrs./week, with some evening and Saturday shifts. The New Castle Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Starting wage is 17.90 per hour.
How to apply
Email resume to Julie Kirk julie.kirk AT lib.de.us and Nicole Ballance nicole.ballance AT lib.de.us.
Deadline for application is Friday, March 26, 2021.