Opening Date: 4/18/2021 12:00:00 AM
Closing Date: 4/24/2021 11:59:00 PM
Type of Recruitment: Open Competitive
Salary Yearly: $45,202.00/Min – $56,503.00/Mid
Salary Plan: M37
Pay Grade: 15
Shift Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Employment Type: Actual Vacancy
Employment Term: Regular
Agency: DHSS/Administration / Management Services
Location(s) Herman Holloway Campus: (1901 N DuPont Hwy, New Castle, DE, 19720)
Contact Name: DHSS Applicant Services
Contact Phone: 302-255-9100
Introduction: Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality
of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and
protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by
assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly
talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a
great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information, please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
The incumbent manages the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) Library. The
library provides scholarly resources, including books, e-books, and online journals to support
the work of DHSS staff. The library provides research assistance to DHSS staff and the
general public, and conducts special events on health and social service topics.
Responsibilities include overseeing daily operations, developing and maintaining the library
collection, budgeting, promoting informational resources, maintaining utilization data, and
coordinating with partners on various projects and events
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series
and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the
class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete
job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Applies standard library practices, such as acquisitions, cataloging, processing, and
circulating of digital, and print library information resources in a computerized and
global network environment.
- Researches, analyzes, assess and disseminate information on a wide variety of topics
to meet the needs of library customers.
- May train/assist the public in the use of operating networked computers and computer
printers, playback equipment, copiers, microform and reader/printers.
- Oversee or supervise subordinates or volunteers in the performance of clerical library
- Participates in activities of library organizations and attends continuing professional
development programs and courses of study.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in information technologies to integrate, initiate and
develop new programs.
- May provide technical, electronic library and informational services to state agencies,
legislative and public clients, and Delaware libraries and citizens.
- Develops, recommends, and/or implements library policies and procedures.
- May develop and implement programs to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, the policies of the Division of Libraries, and meet operational needs of library service functions.
- May serve as a professional library consultant, or team leader.
Job Requirements: JOB REQUIREMENTS for Administrative Librarian
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in
each of the following areas:
1. Possession of an ALA accredited Masters degree or higher in Library Science or
Information Science Technology.
2. Three years experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating
professional library programs, services and technologies.
3. Knowledge of budget management and control which includes managing a budget for
the purpose of keeping expenditures within the limitations of available appropriations
and available revenue and maintaining, monitoring, projecting and controlling a budget
within set policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of grant management and control which includes monitoring and evaluating
5. Knowledge of contract management and control which includes ensuring compliance
with terms of contracts; negotiating changes to existing contracts.
6. Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training,
training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the
work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing,
and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a
group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions Of Hire:
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware
participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information
to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your
education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is
essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the
supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For
education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary
of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be
supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment,
education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your
application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may
also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application
and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
For further assistance, you may contact us by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at jobs AT delaware.gov.