Experience Design Specialist
20 hours per week
$24,440 annually plus benefits
Must be able to work day, evening and weekend hours.
Location: Exploration Commons at 50 East in the Westminster Library
Are you enthusiastic about learning new things and teaching others? Are you looking to be a member of a customer service-oriented team that will help our community achieve their professional, educational and personal goals?
Join our team! Carroll County Public Library’s new space, Exploration Commons at 50 East (https://explorationcommons.carr.org), is seeking a part time Experience Design Specialist who is passionate about new technologies and/or have professional cooking experience. You will create and implement trainings and programs for a thriving maker and culinary community in our innovative and state of the art makerspace and teaching kitchen. The successful candidates will be highly motivated, able to work independently as well as with a team focused on providing superior customer service, and able to learn and share new technologies and skills.
The Experience Design Specialist will plan, prepare and present training on makerspace, teaching kitchen and meeting room resources; conduct programs on a variety of makerspace and cooking concepts; create content and showcase applications of new technology for the community; work closely with educational, workforce development, and other community partners to develop content; and engage the public through a wide variety of technologies and professional-grade kitchen equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 – 2 years directly related experience;
- Requires 90 contact hours of approved in-service training through Library Associate Training Institute (LATI) within first 2 years of employment or 9 hours of formal academic course work in library science;
- Instructional experience preferred;
- Proficiency with design software (Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk);
- Familiarity with the makerspace and/or kitchen equipment;
- Highly effective communicator via email, telephone, and in person;
- Or equivalent technical training, education, and experience.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on Friday, May 14, 2021. Applications must be submitted online at https://library.carr.org/careers/careers.aspx.
POST: Immediately REMOVE: 5/15/2021
The Carroll County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The Library’s policy is to treat all employees and applicants equally and without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era. This policy is applicable to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and promotions. Carroll County Public Library is a drug free/smoke free workplace.