ALAO Call for Proposals
CFP: Libraries and the Second Responder Role – Advances in Library Administration and Organization
Call for proposals
Advances in Library Administration and Organization
Libraries and the Second Responder Role
Publication due 2022
Series Editor: Samantha Hines, Peninsula College
- Su Epstein, Library Director, Saxton B. Little Free Library
- Marcy Simons, Organizational Development Librarian, University of Notre Dame
During the global pandemic, libraries are seeing an increase in the extension of their role as “second responders” in their communities—providing information, services and resources to their users in light of events that affect their populations. ALAO seeks submissions for the “Libraries and the Second Responder Role” volume that delve beyond examples and case studies to examine how libraries integrate these services and serve their communities during times of need from the library management perspective.
Proposals in the following areas would be of particular interest
- Defining the second responder role and how it supports the library’s mission
- Emergency preparedness and disaster planning
- Assessment and data driven decision making during times of change
- Transformation and Covid with a focus on voluntary and positive change
- Responses to climate change
- DEI and community challenges
- Effects of challenges on marginalized communities
- Building community partnerships for disaster and emergency response
This will be the first volume of Advances in Library Administration and Organization (ALAO) to publish in 2022.
About the Advances in Library Administration and Organization series
ALAO offers long-form research, comprehensive discussions of theoretical developments, and in-depth accounts of evidence-based practice in library administration and organization. The series answers the questions, “How have libraries been managed, and how should they be managed?” It goes beyond a platform for the sharing of research to provide a venue for dialogue across issues, in a way that traditional peer reviewed journals cannot. Through this series, practitioners can glean new approaches in challenging times and collaborate on the exploration of scholarly solutions to professional quandaries.
How to submit:
We are currently seeking proposals for the 2022 volume on Libraries and the Second Responder Role. If you are interested in contributing to this volume, please send a proposal including author details and estimated length of final submission to Samantha Hines at email@example.com by August 15.
- Submission deadline for proposals: August 15, 2021
- Notification of acceptance sent by: September 30, 2021
- Submission deadline for full chapters: February 14, 2022
- Comments returned to authors: April 15, 2022
- Submission deadline for chapter revisions: June 15, 2022