Youth Services Department
Encouraging youth to get connected and get lost in books
Creative, forward-thinking individual is wanted to develop enrichment programming for children (ages birth – 12) with tweens and teens as a secondary focus as a Library Assistant in Youth Services.
• Provide customer assistance to library customers in person, via telephone and electronically
• Work with library staff to plan, implement and market programs
• Plan and implement programs and classes; provide readers advisory; and assist with reference requests
• Planning and implementing engaging storytime(s) and other programs which cultivate relationships
between children(s) and parent(s)
• Provide computer, internet and troubleshooting assistance to the public and staff.
• Associate degree or two (2) years of college education or equivalent experience working with and
planning enrichment programs for children and youth
• Two (2) years of direct experience working with the public in a formal setting such as school, library
or retail bookstore
• Required to work evenings and weekends as needed
To view the entire job description, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates and DOE Union Employees Job Titles Job.
A criminal background investigation will be required. Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.
• Health, dental, and vision and group life
• 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Paid vacation and sick leave
To Apply Submit the Following:
• City of Dover employment application (www.cityofdover.com/jobs)
• Cover Letter and Resume
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto – Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: $15.77
Closing Date: June 1, 2021