Assistant Library Director
Assistant Library Director
Dover Public Library
The City of Dover is currently seeking an experienced, collaborative and visionary leader for the position of Assistant Library Director for the Dover Public Library. The Dover Public Library is a leader in community services in Delaware. The library, located in capital of the First State, is a vibrant, growing community known for its historical attractions. The library serves a population of 62,527 persons. The library provides the citizens we serve with diverse collections and a variety of programming
for all ages.
This position works directly with the director of the library to oversee the day-to-day operations. They Assistant Library Director will manage one the Library’s three main departments (Youth Services, Adult Services and Circulation Services).
The Assistant Library Director works with the Library Director to continue the advancement of the current mission by encouraging creative, out-of-the-box thinking and risk-taking to our talented and enthusiastic team.
- The ideal candidate will be committed to excellence in customer services
- Understand the Library’s central role in the community
- View readers’ advisory, programming and collection development as the heart of the library service
- Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with staff and the public at all levels is essential
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Staff supervision & Training
- Strategic planning
- Budget creation and management
- Policy and procedure development
- Facility oversight and safety
- Collection development
- Program oversight
- Technology services
- Master of Library Science
- Minimum of eight (8) years public library experience
- Three (3) years will have been in management/supervisory capacity
To view the entire job description, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates. Please select the Non-bargaining tab and locate the Assistant Library Director position.
A criminal background investigation will be required. Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.
- Health, dental, vision and group life insurance
- 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To Apply Submit the Following:
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto – Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Rate: Based on Qualifications
Closing Date: Open until filled however candidates are encouraged to apply by September 1, 2021