The University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press seeks a service-oriented individual with strong technology skills to assist faculty, staff and students in the Student Multimedia Design Center (SMDC). This is a 12-month, full-time, non-exempt position.
- Assist students, faculty, staff and non-University public users with computer hardware, software applications, scanners, and the use and loan of other collections, such as the Film and Video collection, and specialized multimedia equipment at the busy SMDC.
- Assist with Film and Video Collection management and accessibility.
- Coordinate bi-weekly payroll records for student assistants and provide supervision of those students.
- Provide point-of-sale services.
- Provide technical support for six multimedia studios and two multimedia classrooms with the principal emphasis on setting up cameras, lighting, and other equipment.
- Provide startup and shutdown support for Viewing Room during video screenings.
- Maintain and troubleshoot multimedia-related equipment for loan.
- Develop multimedia content for the department for training or promotional purposes using video editing software and video cameras.
- Provide service desk coverage during the regular work week, potentially opening the unit when others are not available.
- Interpret and execute University and Library policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED with specialized computer training;
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia software and hardware, specifically video editing software and video cameras; experience with popular software packages;
- Strong computing skills developed through a variety of technology applications;
- Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware, and networking problems and computer-related equipment;
- Ability to solve problems under time constraints;
- Ability to transfer technology concepts across applications;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including ability to communicate technical information to people with various levels of computer expertise and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Preferred: Previous public service experience.
Special Requirements: Ability to move computing equipment, weighing up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance.
General Information: The University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press is committed to student success, scholarly research and inclusive excellence. The Library is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. See: library.udel.edu/
The Student Multimedia Design Center (SMDC), located on the lower level of the Morris Library, is a state-of-the-art multimedia facility with two instructional classrooms, six studios, and more than 60 computers for individual and collaborative UD student, faculty and staff use. The SMDC provides multi-level editing equipment and software, SMART boards to rehearse presentations, and more than 145 kits, such as video camera kits, for circulation. The SMDC also provides circulation services and assists users with the Film and Video Collection (including over 25,000 programs on DVD, Blu-ray, gaming and legacy formats) to support a variety of disciplines. There are individual and group viewing carrels, gaming carrels, a 40-seat Viewing Room and a scheduling service to facilitate media use in support of University classes. See: library.udel.edu/multimedia/.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 10:30am – 7:00pm. Some flexibility may be possible.