|An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Searches and prepares orders for books, periodicals, and supplies for the library using available print resources, electronic databases, and microcomputer files. Receives such materials, authorizes invoices for payment, and updates library fiscal files. Recommends library acquisitions.
2. Searches and edits cataloging records for new library titles on the large cataloging database of the Online Computer Library Center (or equivalent) for the library. Cancels and updates weeded titles. Enters original cataloging data into the database from information supplied by the cataloger.
3. Creates and updates files listing uncataloged library materials.
4. Maintains special collections, including print, microfilm, and microfiche. Communicates with vendors regarding purchases for both print and non-print materials.
5. Communicates to vendors specific problems with received materials; composes a variety of correspondence and follows up on details.
6. Interacts with academic librarians from partner institutions for book acquisition and selection.
7. Analyzes utilization trends by instructional departments, partner institutions, and community patrons to ensure their needs are being met. Generates necessary reports.
8. Assists in conducting library inventory and maintaining the shelf list catalog, which is the library’s inventory record of its cataloged materials.
9. Circulates equipment and materials, as well as audio/visual aides. Answers questions regarding reference and library usage, referring more complex questions to the librarian.
10. Maintains records relating to student data holds on delinquent library materials. Maintains electronic cash register for fines and lost book collection.
11. Provides information and assistance to students, faculty, staff, and community patrons. Performs the circulation duties of the library including manning the desk and recording incoming and outgoing materials such as books, periodicals, audio/visual items and equipment as needed.
12. Supervises, trains, and evaluates part-time employees; develops work schedules.
13. Performs other related duties as required.