Youth Services Department
Part-time 18 hours per week
Encouraging children to get connected and get lost in books
A creative, open-minded, enthusiastic forward-thinking individual is wanted to develop enrichment programming for teens (ages 13-18) with children and tweens as a secondary focus as a part-time Library Assistant in Youth Services. The successful candidate will have a love of young people; sense of humor, flexibility and the ability to work independently. A keen interest in STEAM, emerging technologies, and creative programming opportunities is essential.
- Provide assistance to library customers in person, via telephone and electronically
- Plan and implement programs and classes; provide readers advisory; and assist with reference requests
- Planning and implementing engaging programs which cultivate relationships between teens and their families
- Work with library staff to plan, implement and market programs
- Provide computer, internet and troubleshooting assistance to the public and staff.
- Associate degree or two (2) years of college education or equivalent experience working with and planning enrichment programs for children and youth
- Two (2) years of direct experience working with the public in a formal setting such as school, library or retail bookstore
- Required to work some evenings and weekends
To view the entire job description, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates and DOE Union Employees Job Titles Job
A criminal background investigation will be required. Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.
To Apply Submit the Following
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto – Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability