Old Bridge Public Library
The Old Bridge Township Public Library’s Board of Trustees is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and innovative professional to serve as Library Director. Our award-winning Library serves the approximately 65,000 residents of Old Bridge Township in Middlesex County NJ and is part of the Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium.
The Library Director is responsible for all operations of the library and its facilities, as well as the development and implementation of its service programs that respond effectively to the needs of the community. The Director manages all library resources and personnel, develops and monitors the budget, assists the Board of Trustees with long range planning and policy development, and plans and implements overall library goals and objectives.
The Library Director reports to the Board of Trustees and is an at-will employee. The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Prepares annual operating and capital budget for approval by the Board of Trustees and manages expenses in relation to established goals
- Monitors expenditures and provides sound fiscal management of the library
- Oversees the maintenance of the facility and equipment and keeps the board informed of facility conditions and needed repairs
- Prepare information required by the State of NJ and to assist in developing the Strategic Plan
- Be accountable to the Board of Trustees through its designated officers and committee chairs, to recommend policies and procedures, to attend meeting of the Board and its committees
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff
- Cultivate a positive labor-management environment and to effectively administer all aspects of policies and collective bargaining agreements
- Evaluates, plans, and implements innovative library services that addresses the needs of a diverse population and to inspire the development of new and varied programs to meet them
- Supervise the development of the library’s collections to ensure it is of the highest and most up-to-date quality while meeting the needs of the community
- Participates in the planning and organization of the technical services for the library
- Collaborates and build relations between the library and the community
- Serves as liaison to various library organizations
- Directs a public relations plan to ensure the community is aware of the library’s services, programs and collections
- At least 5 years of public library (or similar) administrative experience
- At least 3 years experience as a Library Director or experience managing a similar size organization and staff
- ALA accredited MLS or MLIS and NJ State Professional Certification preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range is $120,000 – $140,000 and is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits include vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and some professional leave. The Old Bridge Library participates with the NJ Public Employees Retirement System and is an EOE.
Application (cover letter and resume) to be submitted via email to Kevin Borsilli, President – Old Bridge Library Board of Trustees at kborsilli AT oldbridgelibrary.org