Librarian I – Youth Services
Job Title: Librarian I -Youth Services
Salary range: AFSCME Grade 121 (Based on Qualifications)
Location: Dover Library
The Librarian I (Youth Services) is to provide accounting support for the area of responsibility. This position is responsible for staff supervision, planning, training, policy and procedure, collection development, customer service, and reporting. This position is responsible for actions of requiring development of procedures and constant decisions affecting subordinate workers, crime victims, patients, customers, clients, or others in the general public; work in a very fluid environment with guidelines but significant variation.
- Develops, plans, and organizes library programs; participates in and oversees program production
- Provides computer guidance/assistance and performs computer troubleshooting as needed
- Assists with completion library tasks such as shelf reading, sorting and filing of library materials, and paging
- Supervises assigned personnel and/or volunteers, including training, assigning and evaluating work, and counseling
- Performs collection development and maintenance, catalogs library materials
- Provides customer service to patrons, including answering questions at the Reference Desk, locating library materials, performing research, and checking materials in and out
- Master of Library Science with ALA accreditation
- Strong customer services experience
- Evening and weekend hours
To view the entire job description, please visit, https://www.cityofdover.com/job-titles-and-rates and click on AFSCME Job Classifications.
A criminal background investigation will be required. Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.
- Health, dental, and vision and group life insurance
- 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To Apply Submit the Following
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto – Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hourly Rate: AFSCME Grade 121 (Based on Qualifications)
Closing Date: Opened Until Filled
To apply, visit the City of Dover website.