Registration is open for 2018 conference!
This is an exiting conference!
The conference committee has really done wonders to bring in workshops that will help us learn:
- how to work with patrons who are experiencing homelessness (immersive pre-conference on Wednesday)
- how to manage your time
- what it takes to “Create a Culture of Opportunity” from the 2017 Best Small Library award winner
- what ESSA is and what it means for school libraries, and all
- how to have an author program
- ideas for health outreach and programming
- “fun”-raising ideas
- public speaking tips
- networking – with intention – for successful marketing
- what the Delaware Library Access Services and Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped can do for library patrons
- the successes of Onboarding (formal online orientation method)
- what’s happening with Delaware Libraries with State Librarian Annie Norman and Deputy Director Beth-Ann Ryan
- new ideas for working with children and teens
And there is so much more: privacy and ethics, working with/without Friends groups for community advocacy, memory labs, becoming an international librarian, hiring info, and on!
Keynote speakers are all lined up and include ALA President Jim Neal (Thursday banquet) and Dr. Marie Radford (DLA Keynote on Friday morning) on “How to Disagree without Being Disagreeable.”
There are social events, including an Escape Room on Wednesday night and of course, the famous pub quiz on Thursday night!
The DLA Business Meeting, breakfast and award ceremony is on Friday morning, immediately followed by the Division meetings. Get involved!
Evolve with us. This conference will help us gain ideas and motivation “to change or develop slowly into a better, more complex, or more advanced state.” And that will make our libraries shine!
Don’t miss out on this conference. Register now!