Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the benefits of joining CRLD?
- Early notification of division information about conferences and other events.
- Connection to colleagues at other college and research libraries in Delaware (and Maryland if you attend the DLA annual conference!)
- Professional development opportunities — being involved in DLA/CRLD is excellent professional experience!
- Subscription to the CRLD listserv — post questions /comments and form local collaborations.
- Opportunity to vote on CRLD initiatives and serve on the CRLD board.
How can I join the CRLD listserv?
- You must be a member of the Delaware Library Associaion (DLA) to become a member of CRLD.
- Your DLA membership includes membership in one division — make sure you choose CRLD!
- You should be added to the listserv when your membership is processed. Please contact the CRLD board members if you have any questions.
How can I become more involved with CRLD?
- CRLD is always looking to expand and to provide programming that meets the needs of all college and research librarians across the state. Reach out to the CRLD board with any suggestions on how we can better meet your professional needs.
- Consider running for a CRLD office. Each year a new vice-president / CRLD conference chair is elected, and the treasurer and secretary positions are elected every two years (staggered for continuity). All CRLD members are eligible to run for and hold office. Please review the CRLD officer duties for more information on responsibilities.
- Volunteer at the DLA annual conference — volunteers are always needed for the silent auction, registration table, and program planning. Reach out to the CRLD board for more information.